Garmin Basecamp is a free application used to back up and view the Garmin devices’ recorded data. The user can also easily update the device software, manage BirdsEye imagery, maps, and much more. The Garmin Basecamp application is available for both Windows and Mac systems and can’t be used on mobile devices like smartphones or tablets.
The user can easily install the Garmin Basecamp on their Windows and Mac devices. But it is not supported by other OS (operating systems) such as Linux. Thus, to download and install the latest version of the Garmin Basecamp, users must follow the steps below.
Here in this write-up, we have enrolled the steps to download and install the Garmin Basecamp. All users should carefully go through the information penned below and apply the steps to complete the download and installation procedure.
System Requirements for Garmin Basecamp
Those who are willing to download the Garmin Basecamp on their system should carefully check the system requirements. Therefore, below we have mentioned the system requirements for the Windows OS.
- IBM compatible system running Window Vista *64 or later version
- The application won’t be installed on Windows 7, as it is not suitable with .NET framework 4.6
- A video card is supporting OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view the 3-D terrain.
- Minimum 1GB of system memory is required.
Download Procedure for Garmin Basecamp
The users are suggested to follow the steps provided below to accomplish the download procedure of Garmin Basecamp.
Begin the downloading procedure by visiting the official website of Garmin Basecamp, i.e., https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/basecamp/.
- After this, scroll down and look for the download Basecamp Garmin option mentioned below the system requirements for windows details.
- Then tap on the “Download Now” option.
- After this, the downloading procedure will begin.
- Then wait for the .exe file to download completely.
- Now go to the downloaded folder and then run the “.exe” file.
- After this, carefully follow the on-screen instructions.
Installation Procedure for Garmin Basecamp
Garmin Basecamp lets the user manage their favorite waypoints, create routes, and tracklogs. It is a great tool that enables the users to upload tracks, waypoints, and routes from the GPS for storage to the system or download from the computer to the GPS. So, to take the Garmin Basecamp benefits, the users are recommended to install it on the system. Therefore, below we have penned the installation procedure, so scroll down and follow the steps as discussed below:
- First of all, the users are suggested to follow the steps mentioned above to download the Garmin Basecamp application.
- Once the “.exe” file gets downloaded, open the downloaded file to accomplish the installation procedure.
- After this, tap on the “Run” option.
- Then read the terms and conditions and then checkmark on “I agree to the license terms and conditions.”
- Then click on the “Install” option.
- Now, wait for the installation procedure to get completed.
- After this, click on “Yes.”
- Then tap on the “Launch” option.
- After that, the application will get installed on the system.
- After this, connect the Garmin device with the system and then run the application.
So, by applying these steps, the user can easily download and install the Garmin Basecamp application. Suppose there is any user who encounters issues while downloading or installing the application. Then they can communicate with Garmin customer service experts and can take help for the same.